How do you recognize a real Dimlux Expert 1000W
Although it has been tried and done for years, we would like to point out with emphasis that there are Dimlux 1000W (MKI) Expert series copies in circulation that can hardly be distinguished from the original without a direct comparison.
These copies have nothing to do with Dimlux and are produced by a Chinese factory as an inferior copy. The producer of Dimlux , Air Supplies Nederland has never had contact with this Chinese producer. No license or approval has been given to make these copies.
Recent complaints of problems with the Maxi controller have brought these copies into focus.
The Maxi controller works great with the original fixtures but the imitation fixtures don’t respond as they should on our Maxi controller.
We would like to point out the differences and the dangers of the sale and use of these products and any consequences that this entails .
The same factory now also supplies these counterfeit products to resellers/importers in a different color and with a different controller and in various European countries.
However, the product and the associated quality are of exactly the same inferior level as the gold-coloured imitation copies, the color does not affect this.
With this imitation, savings have been made on specifications that a customer usually cannot see from the outside, but with these extremely bad products it is even visible with the naked eye where savings have been made.
Due to the incompatibility, substandard performance, poor workmanship and major safety flaws, it is of the utmost importance for Air Supplies to inform customers of the dangers of this product.
That we as Dimlux with the best performing fixture in the world are held liable by customers for this ” fake ” product is therefore a very bad development and causes enormous damage to our reputation. Everything we stand for with our company philosophy is at odds with this product.
THE FACTS AND FIGURES
- Imitations are sold with, but also without, our brand name. The name Dimlux and Alpha Optics are protected brand names.
- A poor imitation that is indistinguishable from the original by a layman. Recently copies have been added that have a different color such as a white and a purple-blue variant.
- The imitations have NO CE marking! The consequence of this is that the seller is liable in the event of fire or electrocution. In fact, putting into circulation without a legally affixed CE Marking is a punishable offense under the Dutch Commodities Act.
Every seller must sell sound equipment and the lack of this marking quality mark already indicates that this is not in order.
If the seller indicates that this is a CE – compliant product, always ask for the statement as security. This statement will never be shown as it may not be possible due to multiple security issues .
- The imitation has several safety issues, CE marking is therefore impossible.
- The imitation has inferior efficiency of both ballast and reflector. The imitation is a copy of the old (MKI) Expert series, the imitation ballast has a lower efficiency than the old Expert series and does not come close to the performance of the new updated Dimlux MKII series that has been more than 1 year for sale.
- The imitation is not made with the highest possible efficient Miro Silver reflector material but with the most inefficient variant available. The name Alpha Optics on the reflector is therefore an absolute disgrace. There is a visible milky haze on the reflector that is visible when compared directly to the original Alpha Optics 98 which is made with a 99.99% silver coating.
In China, the Vega 98 (99.99% silver) coated reflector material is not even available.
Because there is a visible haze, this even indicates that this is not even a (99.99 aluminum) Vega or Miro 95 material, but an anodized material from which the cheapest DIY reflector caps are made.
- Sometimes, the reflector has several hotspots in the light image that are bad for the crop
- The ballast does not have a decent EMI suppression and is therefore not FCC approved. This can mean that when the fixtures are switched on, interference occurs on a radio, TV or other device in the vicinity.
If the supplier does indicate that the fixture has been FCC approved, ask again for inspection of the certificate. This can simply be seen by looking on the PCB in the ballast where the essential suppression coils are missing. These suppression coils are expensive and have clearly been omitted to reduce costs. There are some electronics placed but of poor quality.
- The imitation has red diagnostic LEDs that can disrupt the plant’s sleep/wake rhythm.
- It is of the utmost importance for us and for our authorized distributors to inform everyone of this development. We express the hope that it will have a preventive effect and will share this message in every possible way with our customers and highly valued relations. Publication on our website is part of this. We will also take specific legal actions against distributors of this fake product known to us and, if possible, file a report with the competent authorities. Your safety is very dear to us!
2. The Original Dimlux Expert has an unparalleled clear SBCS reflector.
The haze in the copycat is again clearly visible in the poor reflection on the sideboard. The arrows with numbers indicate the number of reflections of the ballpoint pen, here you can clearly see that with each reflection the ballpoint becomes lighter and blurrier. The same thing happens with the light.
The original Dimlux Expert 1000W is equipped with an Ultra Optics Reflector to achieve the highest possible efficiency (light output). The reflective material used is 99.99% pure silver, which is not available from Chinese manufacturers. The reflective material used is presumably anodized aluminum which is used for the cheapest DIY reflectors.
7. LESS INTERLINK PORTS, DIFFERENT BUTTONS AND DISPLAY
The copycat is based on the old MKI fixture, it still has a rotary knob and only 2 Interlink ports. The MKII has been given a push button and a larger display, as well as 3 Smart Ports that can also use all Smart sensors. The screws of the copycat are black instead of metallic.
8. INFERIOR REFLECTOR QUALITY
Copycat reflector, from below path above the first reflection and from top right to top left the 2nd reflection. With every reflection you see the pen getting blurrier and whiter
On the right the original reflector; With every reflection, the pen is equally sharp and the same bright color
9. ROTARY KNOBS OF THE COPYCAT TURN COMPLETELY AROUND
On the left the copycat and on the right an original MKI from which the copycat has been copied. With the original, the rotary knob turns a little further than hemisphere and with the copycat completely round, this is also due to the text printed around the rotary knob. The MKI has been out of production for over 2 years and replaced by the MKII.
THE FUTURE OF GROWING
JUST GOT BRIGHTER.
ONLY THE REAL DEAL!